Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My balls...? Ask your mother.

It has recently come to my attention that I have lost my god damn mind. I’m not quite sure when this happened, but I believe it started when I was about 5, and is progressively getting worse as I get less young. I am having serious self doubt issues concerning the course of my life, wasn’t i suppose to be a secret agent by now? Or at least a fire man? When did I decide it was ok to be mediocre? Probably while I wasn’t looking. Sneaky old me.
Well now that I am stuck here doing what I’m doing and dad didn’t raze no quitters, I will inevitably follow through with this sham that is a “career” in the “exiting” field of marketing. When I inevitably know I am destined for far greater things than feeding the greed of a consumer society.
I decided to write for a living because I believed that writers hold up a mirror to society and project pure truth back at it, even if the truth is a generic human one and it is buried under a mountain of fiction. Now I’m selling blatant lies covered by a thin layer of consumer benefits.
Spectacular fail. Young Saint would kick me in the nuts and slap me around all the while screaming “Is that the best you can do?!” So it has been decided that I am to write things that reflect society, or at least my version of it. SO prepare to be dazzled by my awe inspiring FTWness. I just need to find my balls and reattach them...I think I left them at your mom’s house...

No comments:

Post a Comment